Who is Connecticut Capital Management Group?
CCMG is a financial planning and investment management firm located in Milford, Connecticut, founded in 1998. We work with residents in several states and operate a satellite office in Florida.
As independent financial advisors, we are not forced to sell proprietary products or meet any sales quotas. We are focused on what is best for you and your financial goals. We choose to work with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. as our independent broker-dealer so that we may offer our clients unbiased investment advice.
Does CCMG have a minimum net worth for clients?
We have a minimum of $750,000 investable assets but will make exceptions. For instance, a person in their 30s or 40s who is rapidly moving up the corporate ladder may not have reached this level of net worth yet but is clearly on the way there.
Who is Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.?
We have aligned with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. (click here to view Cambridge’s website), one of the most respected privately held independent broker-dealers in the United States. Owned entirely by its management and financial professionals around the country, Cambridge is committed to true independence. Cambridge places the objectivity of its financial professionals first to ensure the long-term success of their clients. Cambridge is committed to providing the highest level of flexibility and choice to its financial professionals.
What services do you provide?
Investment and Money Management
- Review of your investment portfolio
- Continual monitoring of your investments
- Regularly scheduled meetings to review and evaluate investment performance, update overall financial objectives and reallocate portfolios
- Independent, unbiased advice
- Access to institutional money managers
- Review of your tax return to seek ways to reduce your tax bill
- Review of your tax situation and planning to incorporate any new tax changes
- Free consultation with your tax preparer
- Recommendations of tax solutions, including tax-managed investments
- Staying up to date on and presenting new tax laws that can affect your situation
Retirement Income and Distribution Planning
- Analysis of your income needs now and in the future
- Continual development and implementation of income strategies to help you maintain a comfortable standard of living
- Recommendations regarding the best distribution strategy for employer retirement plans and IRAs
- Analysis of the beneficiaries of IRAs and how to establish an Inherited IRA
Family Wealth Planning
- Analysis of your current estate plan and discussion of your concerns
- Free consultation with your attorney
- Assistance in transferring assets to your Living Trust or other trusts
- Guidance regarding the appropriate steps in the event of the death of a loved one
Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Analysis of your insurance needs and concerns
- Planning for long-term care needs
Why should I hire CCMG rather than manage my own money?
Most people are busy and don’t have the time, knowledge or experience to manage their investments and other financial affairs effectively. Building wealth requires intelligence and discipline, but managing wealth requires specialized skills. In other words, you may build an airplane but that doesn’t mean you can fly it.
As your financial co-pilot, we’ll help you understand the principals of investment management and financial planning, and we’ll implement and monitor a financial plan that makes sense for you. We stay on top of the field and continually review the markets and the economy. Most importantly, we bring an objective viewpoint to an area where decision-making should not be governed by emotion.
What is the financial planning process?
Comprehensive financial planning begins with a discovery process designed to help us develop a deep understanding of your lifestyle, your values and your life goals. We then design a financial plan based on your individual needs and objectives. After obtaining your approval we implement the plan, from creating a diversified investment portfolio to organizing your insurance, savings, healthcare and retirement programs. We then monitor your progress and communicate with you on a regular basis, making adjustments to your plan in response to changes in your life or in the economy.
What is the profile of a typical CCMG client?
Our clients include educators, business owners, physicians, dentists, attorneys, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, inheritors, retirees, widows and more. We work with traditional and non-traditional families, as well as single clients. Ages range from 30 to 90. Investment portfolios run from $500,000 to more than $5 million.
How are you compensated?
We provide unbiased investment advice compensated in the form of fees, commissions or both. Fees and commissions are disclosed upfront so there are no surprises.
Do you offer a free initial meeting?
Yes! Our complimentary initial meeting allows you to interview us while we get to know you and your situation. By the end of the meeting, we can determine whether working together makes sense.
How will CCMG communicate with me?
At CCMG we believe consistentcommunication with you allows us to be proactive. We provide statements that tell you exactly how your portfolio is performing. We produce a regular, informative newsletter. We offer “Client Appreciation” events. We touch base regularly to give you portfolio updates, and invite you to call whenever you need help or have a question. We believe trust is earned, not advertised.
What should I bring to the initial meeting?
- Completed questionnaire.
- Most recent tax returns (last two years).
- Pension statements from employers and/or Social Security benefit statements.
- Life, disability and property/casualty insurance policies.
- All current investment statements from trust companies, brokers, investment companies, banks, etc.